Many of our holiday parks are set on the UK coastline, the setting for historic battles in years gone by. The beaches and cliffs carry scars, evidence and treasure which tell these old stories. Discover our top history picks:
- Wemyss Bay was previously owned by Robert Wallace who introduced postage stamps.
- Sundrum Castle - the exterior of the original castle has been renovated into apartments, walk around the back of the castle to see a beautiful river and waterfall.
- The land speed record has been broken on Pendine Sands four times.
- Warmwell was actually an RAF base before WW2.
- Newton Beach near Trecco Bay was used by the Americans during WW2 for artillery training. This is a popular place for people to go with metal detectors.
With our holiday parks set in some of the UK’s most stunning holiday destinations, it’s no surprise celebs like to pay us the occasional visit. Jessie J used to perform at Looe Bay as a youngster and The Nolans had regular family holidays to Trecco Bay. Devon is a particular favourite with James Cracknell who named his son Croyde because of his love of Croyde Bay and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall spent time here sourcing and cooking food for a TV show right on the beach.