Chenhale Farm Equestrian Centre, Brokenshire's Corner, Carharrack, Redruth, Cornwall, TR16 5RB
For dog owners who own a Parkdean holiday home in Cornwall, or just visit often, signing up to the Cornwall Agility Club gives you and your pet countless opportunities to socialise. The club runs shows and matches throughout the year, and is open to any breed. It now even provides agility training for club members too!
One of the club’s favourite walks is around Menabilly and Gribben Head. It takes about 3 hours and passes through a couple of small beeches for the dogs. To enjoy this walk, follow the directions below:
- Start in the car park at Menabilly and follow lane down to Menabilly Beach.
- Turn left along the coast pat towards Fowey, passing through Pridmouth Cove, and continue towards Fowey.
- On reaching St Catherine's Castle, follow the track through woods to left.
- On reaching the road, turn left and then right.
- You will then see Saints Way path signed off to the left. Follow along here and pass through the farm and back up to the road into Menabilly (a shorter route can be taken here by turning left back to the car park).
- Continue on the footpath across road and through fields. This will take you to the top of Polkerris, where there is a nice pub for refreshments if required!
- At the edge of the fields (or top of Polkerris) turn left along the coast path along edge of Gribben Head. Some sections get steep and narrow here, so be careful if your dog is pulling you along on the lead.
- Pass by the Daymarker Tower and drop back down to Menabilly Beach, before heading back up the lane to the car park.
To find out more about the Cornwall Agility Club, visit www.cornwallagilityclub.org.uk