Directions to Southerness Holiday Park
Southerness Holiday Park, Off Sandy Lane, Southerness, Dumfries, DG2 8AZ
Southerness is a beachside holiday park located 15 miles from Dumfries. Directions on getting to the park and other travel information is outlined below.
To get directions from Google simply enter your postcode in the box below and click the submit button.
How to get here
- Head for Dumfries town centre and follow the A710 Solway Coast Road.
- Approximately 14 miles after Dumfries, 1 mile after the village of Kirkbean, look out for the clearly signed turning on the left down to Southerness Holiday Village.
- Nearest station - Dumfries (16 miles/30 minutes' drive time from the park)
- Main lines - Glasgow Central – Dumfries via Kilmarnock
For all train enquiries contact National Rail Enquiries on 0845 748 4950.
- There is a bus stop within a 100 yards of the park gates running to Dumfries and Dalbeattie. Service is infrequent running approximately every 2 hours. The approximate cost of a taxi fare to Dumfries is £12.
For all bus enquiries contact Travel Line on 0871 200 2233.
- Nearest airport - Glasgow Prestwick (76 miles/2 hours drive time from the park)
- Useful links - Glasgow Prestwick
- Irish customers can sail with P & O ferries from Larne to Cairnryan.
- Cairnryan is a harbour located approx 1 hr 40 mins from the Holiday Park.